|How to use the meditations
1. Find a quiet place where you will not be disturbed.
2. Read through the whole meditation a few times, then put it down.
3. Sit in a position both comfortable and alert.
4. Allow the meditation 10 minutes or so in your imagination. Do not give up before this time; stay with it.
5. Allow another 10 minutes for recording what happened. Allow events to develop as you record.
SURRENDER TO KINDNESS
There are times when we don't have to take the strain; when it isn't down to us to say "Yes this is so!" or, "No I stand against that!"
Weary and brutalised by the fight, we lie helpless on the ground. Around us, voices urge us to do this or that, but what do we know? We know nothing other than that we are alive, and waiting for stretcher bearers to lift us up, and carry us; carry us to safety.
Imagine you are on a battlefield, lying still.
People around you issue orders.
Advance! Retreat! Hold firm!
But you are helpless to do any of those things; wishing only for the kindness of a stretcher.
You want only to surrender to kindness; and to be carried through the noise by beauty.
More one-minute mysticism